Roma Stibravy, President attended “The Climate Challenge; Revitalizing the Debate” at Columbia University’s Earth Institute on October 11, 2010 in New York City,NY. Key-notes present included Katherine Richardson
, Chair of the Danish Commission on Climate Change, and Jeffrey D. Sachs
, an American economist, writer and the Director of the Earth Institute. The discussion panel addressed necessary policy changes that would encourage the private and public sector to increase their efforts to combat negative climate change.
Additionally, Ms. Stibravy, the Board Members and interns were guests at Jefferies‘
annual Clean Technology Conference
on February 23, 24, 2011 in New York City,NY. The conference featured over 100 public and private companies from the clean energy and technology sector. Presenters discussed global green-trend initiatives and identified both short and long-term investment opportunities.
For more information about Jefferies, Inc. and its Clean Technology Conference, please click here.
On March 1, 2011 Mrs. Stibravy attended the third annual India Prospective: 2011 in New York City,NY hosted by The Asia Society. KPMG and U.S. India Business Council co-sponsored the event.
At the end of February, Indian government will publish it’s Economic Survey and submit its Budget to the Indian Parliament. The experts below discussed the survey and budget, providing an overview of the publications and their personal opinions on India’s economic prospects.
The following people spoke during the event:
- Dr. Ajay Gondane, Deputy Consul General of India, New York
- Arun Kumar, Partner in charge, U.S. India Practice, KPMG LLP, and USIBC Board Member (moderator)
- Arvind Panagariya, Jagdish Bhagwati Professor of Indian Political Economy, Columbia University
- Wilbur Ross Jr., Chairman & CEO, WL Ross & Co; Chairman, Invesco Private Limited
- Amb. Frank G. Wisner, Former U.S. Ambassador to India; Foreign Affairs Advisor; Patton Boggs; and USIBC Board Member
For more information on the event, please click here