U.N. NGO Sustainability’s president, Roma Stibravy, attended the meeting “Science and Society: IPCC Reform and the Global Climate Challenge.” The meeting took place on November 16, 2010 at Columbia and was hosted by Columbia’s Climate Center.
Speakers discussed the format for dealing with the climate change through the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). The most suggested idea was developing a Panel Three dealing with public outreach and communications.
The program was introduced by the Director of the Earth Institute of Columbia University, Jeffrey Sachs.
- Simon Buckle (Director, Climate Policy, Grantham Institute, Imperial College),
- Peter Haas (Professor of Political Science, University of Massachusetts, Amherst),
- Syukuro Manabe (Senior Meteorologist, Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, Princeton),
- Gavin Schmidt (NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, Columbia University),
- Laurence Tubiana (Director, IDDRI, Sciences Po and Alliance Visiting Professor, Columbia University)